Greek Mythology

Monday, February 22, 2016

Psyche Continued

When the king returned home to his daughter, he was worried sick.

"Father, what's wrong?" Psyche asked her dad when he got home.

"Sweetie, I have something to tell you." The king sat Psyche down and told her about the Oracle.

But instead of weeping or crying, Psyche just sat there. She accepted her fate, and was ready to marry that monster. And she assumed that 'marry' is the same thing as 'get eaten for dinner' to a monster.

Psyche's father was heartbroken, but Psyche said to him, "Don't cry for me father. I assume that if I don't marry this monster then it will attack my kingdom. So, I will marry him, and it'll be the best thing I've done with my life."

So Psyche, in a black gown and a bundle of roses, started to climb to the tallest spire in the kingdom.

When she got to the top, she looked around for this monster. After 5 minutes with no monster in sight, Psyche decided she'd help him out.

With a deep breath, Psyche stepped up and jumped off the rock.

1 comment: